A new technology was developed in Europe to do upper jaw dental implant treatments without using the hip bone graft.
Zygomatic implants are a novel alternative to more traditional dental implants which involve drilling directly into the jawbone. This technique does not require grafting procedures. Rather, the ‘Zygoma technique’ uses the cheekbone zygoma bone, to anchor the longer zygoma implants.
What's the difference between zygoma implants and traditional implants?
Zygoma implants compared to traditional dental implants:
- A fixed row of teeth within 3 days rather than 6 months
- Significantly less discomfort for patient
- No need for hip bone grafting
- Use your new implants immediately, biting and chewing is possible shortly after your surgery
Are you a candidate for zygoma implants?
If any of the following points are true for you, you may be a candidate for zygoma implants:
- I have missing teeth
- I've been told that I need a bone graft to have a successful implant
- I have ill-fitting dentures
- I have insufficient bone in the upper jaw to sustain regular implants
- I have worn complete dentures and have for many years